Sunday, July 6, 2014

Playing With Camera

I decided to do a little scientific test today.  Well, maybe just a little experiment with cameras.  I have been having a discussion with my husband about the camera he bought me two years ago for Christmas.  I kept saying a camera that cost what he paid -- even after I told him I didn't want it -- should take better close-up pictures without me having to crop out what I want.  He said I must be doing something wrong.

 I have talked to customer service people who were very nice and helpful, but I was still very disappointed in what I was able to do.  Then my brother showed me his little pocket camera.  He showed me how it zoomed in and I was sold.  When I got home I went on Amazon and did some shopping.  I did find one very interesting thing.  A black camera in the model I wanted cost almost a hundred dollars less than an emerald green one.  They were both exactly the same except for color.  I would use an orange one if it cost less.  So if you are shopping on Amazon check out the prices for different colors; you might be as shocked as I was.  I also have my brother to thank of that piece of information so I thought I would pass it on.

Anyway, back to my experiment. I set up the tripod so every picture would be taken from the same spot.  Then I sat this little frog out on the wall.  This first picture was taken with a Kodak Z980.  25X zoom.  I bought this camera about five years ago. It was an ok camera but uses 4 AA batteries and the images in the viewfinder are not as crisp as what the actual picture is, but I have taken some great pictures with it.


 This photo was taken with a Canon Rebel at 
300mm zoom on automatic.  It is a great camera and 
I have taken thousands of pictures with it. 
Almost all the pictures I have posted
here and on Facebook were taken with it.
The battery is expensive but holds a charge for a long time.
It is an inconvenience to have to carry a bag
 around with the telephoto lens....



This photo was taken with my new Canon Powershot SX260HS
 It is listed as 20X Optical Zoom but combined zoom is 80X. 
 This is full zoom (80X) on Easy setting  
which it says is good for even beginners.....


 I have been blown away with what
 this little pocket camera can do.
I have only taken a few pictures but
I can see that this camera 
will be the one that goes with me everywhere.


I used this little fish also to do the test.
My grandson who is now a senior 
in high school gave it to me when he was three.
It is beautiful swimming in the sea of grass.

"It seems to me we can never give up longing
and wishing while we are thoroughly alive.
there are certain things we feel to be
beautiful and good, and we
hunger after them."
George Eliot 

No comments:

Post a Comment