Friday, September 19, 2014

Why I Do What I Do







I wake in the wee hours of the morning on most days.  For the past two days that time has been 4 a.m.   There is so much that I need and want to do.  There never seems to be enough time to do all the things that swirl through my mind.  I have been this way as long as I can remember.  Had I been born in this time I would probably have been put on medication.  My aunt told me that the first time she met me was when I was 3 years old.  She said I was the most "active" kid she had ever seen.  I have not outgrown it.  I think I drive my husband crazy (he is the most laid back person I know) in that I can not just sit.  I find it hard to even sit and read.  I must be doing something with my hands and mind.  I guess that is why I have this blog, why I write stuff, why I take so many pictures....why I do all the things I do. It isn't that I am trying to impress anyone or sell anything.  It is just a way of keeping the dark clouds away from my world.  I recently watched a documentary about the Roosevelts and it told of how Teddy was always doing something.  It was his way of fighting off depression.  Perhaps, all of the things I do are my way of fighting it off.  When I sit, I start to feel the darkness of it creep upon me.  I am in no way a person with the talents of Teddy Roosevelt but the story did touch a place in me and help me to understand why I do what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment